Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Now...on to the Classics

I'm EMBARRASSED to say that I never read Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. Oh...its been on my reading lists in school, but I always chose another book, because I just thought it was a book about baseball.

Clearly, I was wrong. And it is a shame. I would have loved reading this book in high school. Holden Caulfield, is a rich, smart ass teenager, just kicked out of his prep school headed home to NYC. He delays going to his parents house, because he doesn't want to tell them he got kicked out again...this book is the story of what happend during this time. The book was written in 1951, but it totally could have taken place today. LOVED IT 4 of 5 stars.



I tried to read Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie. I can't get into it...but I definately will try again.



So...I am picking up Madame Bovary. So far I am enjoying it. I will probably take the bus next week, so I can get in more reading time.




OHHHHHH Book Angel....Could use a few more books to feed the habit....

No comments: