Wednesday, January 07, 2009

New Year, New Diet

That's right. Last year I was on the Duke Diet. The turning point was my friend Kim's wedding. I felt fat and gross and was in a size 18 dress that I hated but it was the only thing that fit me. I was single and didn't care about meeting someone, and I was literally miserable.

Well, the Duke Diet worked for me. I got some new recipes, and payed attention to what I was eating. I started feeling like a million dollars. Then I got a trainer, and he helped push me to a better body. I definitely could not have done it by myself.

My trainer Catalino definitely helped me change my body...and I went from a size 18 to a 14. My clothes fit better, and people started to notice. Not everything showed on the scale...but I was happy with the results.

I started dating (not too much success, but I got out there). But what I am most happy about is that I rode 100 miles better than ever before (over 2 days). Then I did a 75 mile one day ride. They were my best rides ever, and I am so proud of my succcess.


BEFORE:















AFTER






















For the most part, I was good...but after my friend Jen's wedding in June, I kind of gave it all up.
Recently , I fell off the wagon when it came to drinking and ordering out (same old story). Fried Chicken, Onion Rings and French Fries snuck back into my cravings (been avoiding for years). I topped off the new year with a trip to Philly for 2 Philly Cheesesteaks.

So now I am on to JOY'S LIFE DIET, crafted by celebrated nutritionist, Joy Bauer. I'm doing a secret video blog. If I get past 3 weeks, I'll start sharing. I really want to get down to 170 lbs. I think (no I KNOW) I can do it with Joy.

So far the recipes are reasonable, not too many ingredients, and the ones you buy, you totally use. (There is nothing worse than buying ingredients that are only good for one recipe). Its only been a few days, but I am actually full after each meal and that is a very good feeling.

I have to plan each day in advance, because I really can't throw things together at the last minute.

I haven't been tested by eating out...but hopefully I can stay on track...(STAY AWAY, FRIED CHICKEN...you are NOT my friend! ...I'm sorry...I will always LOVE YOU and your crispy breading!)

The only thing I am having trouble with is the 30 mins of exercises every day. Today Catalino kicked my butt...I just have to get more exercise in for the rest of the week.

Anyway, I plan to follow Joy's plan religiously. I want to (no, I WILL) look and feel even better than ever.



No comments: