Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Back to MY reading list...

I'm back to reading for pleasure.

I just finished (in 2 days) FAITH OF MY FATHERS by John McCain. I bought this book after watching his biography on Time Warner on Demand for the Biography Channel. It was well done, and it made me want to hear about McCain in his own words. Then I watched the one on Obama...it made me want to read his book too, and I ordered them together.






FAITH OF MY FATHERS by John McCain chronicles the impressive military life of his grandfather, father and McCain's captivity as a POW in the Vietnam war. Maverick sure does run in McCain's blood, but his code of honor runs even deeper. He must have endured more than anyone can imagine during his capture, but I think it was his honor, along with his determination to always get the last word with his captors that kept him together mentally during his long captivity.

At some times the book was a little too much honoring the men he served with (understandably). And I don't think he captured all the moments vividly...but I got the picture.

McCain is a good man, and while he didn't make the presidency I respect him for his service to our country.

I give his book 4 of 5 stars. Next on my list is Obama's book.

No comments: