Monday, November 17, 2008

New books are coming in...but I am stuck in reading hell.

So I ordered a few books from Alibris.com....I like this site, because you can get older books for a really good price. They started arriving yesterday,

But now I have to finish Jesus for the Non-Religious, by Bishop Spong. Its not reading hell becuase it is a bad book, but it like assigned reading because I am meeting the author in a few weeks, and I want to be familiar with his work.

So far, the book breaks down everything I know about Jesus from the bible...it leaves me questioning if Jesus isn't who I think is...then who is he? So now I HAVE to finish the book.

In the meantime, I have John McCain's biography sitting on my shelf at work, along with Catcher in the Rye and Satanic Verses (don't ask).

So that's that. More to come.

No comments: