Sunday, September 07, 2008

Book Angels are BACK

So I saw my old BookSpan friends Sharon and Erika for dinner the other night. It was absolutely wonderful to see them. We had a great time talking about old times and how much fun work used to be. And then Sharon pointed to her bag and said, "I've got 2 books for you." I couldn't have imagined anything better.

I'm reading the first book now. THE GUERNSEY LITERARY and POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY. This was one of Sharon's recent favorites. The story is told through a series of letters between Juliet and her friends as well as members of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Sharon she told me how much she enjoyed this book and how she made this a "Blue Ribbon Book" since there is no longer a Bertelsmann International Book of the Month (IBOMC). The Book Club edition has a beautiful blue ribbon to help you hold your place in the book. Sharon always has the best taste in books, so I can't wait to read this one.



The second book is THE BROKEN WINDOW by Jeffery Deaver. I've read Deaver's books before, so I am sure I will enjoy this one too.


I think my book angels are back...hope to have more great reads to tell you about soon!

No comments: