Monday, October 01, 2007

Slow going on the Reading

About 1/2 way through WATER LIKE A STONE by Deborah Crombie. Its a slow read, but I think it is about to pick up. Not sure I understand the title. Maybe its a literary reference that is over my head. Sounds like Ice Cubes to me...



In the meantime, I have been thumbing through 1,001 Places to Visit before you die. Thing is...I don't know if I even care to see all of the places listed in this book. I'm going to Boston next week, and hope to make a side trip to Salem, MA.



I saw Sarah Gallick this past week. We went back to Stone Street. We talked about putting together a blog for her book THE BIG BOOK OF WOMEN SAINTS. And so I did... Check it out.



Nothing too new on the NYT Bestseller list...

HARDCOVER FICTION
1. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED, by James Patterson and Howard Roughan
2. A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS, by Khaled Hosseini
3. DEAD HEAT, by Dick Francis and Felix Francis
4. MAKING MONEY, by Terry Pratchett
5. PONTOON, by Garrison Keillor


HARDCOVER NONFICTION
1. THE AGE OF TURBULENCE, by Alan Greenspan
2. IF I DID IT, by the Goldman family
3. GIVING, by Bill Clinton
4. LOUDER THAN WORDS, by Jenny McCarthy
5. THE NINE, by Jeffrey Toobin

No comments: