Monday, October 08, 2007

Inspiration from the strangest of sources

I don't remember when I fell in love with the Brooklyn Bridge, but its been a while. I've been on walking tours, watched documentaries and read the most fantastic book...The Great Bridge by David McCullough.

THE GREAT BRIDGE beautifully tells the amazing story of how the bridge was built and is one of the few books that I refer to and re-read every once in a while.


Through the years, the bridge has become a great inspiration to me. I used it for my HP2 program as my focus for centering when faced with a tough challenge.

Now that I work in DUMBO, I walk over the bridge every day...and it is part of my exercises routine and my inspiration for losing weight and meeting the man of my dreams!



My reading of WATER LIKE A STONE has been a very slow read...but it is more a result of forgetting it in the office than it being a bad book (so far).

No comments: