Thursday, August 23, 2007

Duke Diet - The Eggplant Parm is the BOMB (That's a good thing).

Week 2 of my Duke Diet adventure. Slow going, but I am not quitting. I've lost 5 lbs but I think it must be water weight. I won't be happy until I am out of the 200 range.

ANYWAY, tired of the frozen dinners, I started trying some of the recipes in the book and they are pretty good. I had Almond Crusted Salmon which I enjoyed.



Of course, I was excited to try the Eggplant Parm recipe, because Eggplant is by far my favorite vegetable. Last time I was on Weight Watchers, I think I had Eggplant every day. The Duke Diet recipe featured baked breaded eggplant, and 4oz of Mozzarella cheese. It was DELICIOUS. That's a good thing, because I have 3 more servings in the freezer.

FINDING INSPIRATION
I've been looking for inspiration wherever I can get it these days. My friend Cathi got me going to the gym 30 mins a day because Oprah said so. Duke also says so...so I think I am on the right track. So I am doing it. I haven't missed a day yet.


My friend Josie swears by THE SECRET by Rhonda Byrne. Another "Oprah says" recommendation. Its on my list to get it from the bookstore (unless my Book Angel can get it for me...Hint Hint...I know you are reading this ET!). Oprah is usually right.

No comments: