Wednesday, August 22, 2007

MARLEY AND ME by John Grogan - Good memories

I just finished MARLEY AND ME last night. It was truly a wonderful story about this beautiful, crazy, wild Labrador and his adventures in the Grogan family. As you can tell from my last posting, this book brought me far down memory lane. My dog has been gone almost as long as he was alive, and I never missed him more after reading this book.

Half of me wants to go out and get a dog (thanks to Marley) and the other half enjoys the shed free, pooper-scooper free, care-free life that I have created for myself. And just in case I forgot the crazy puppy days where you never knew what you would come home to...Marley's story is a fantastic reminder. Anyway, I realize that I just don't have time for a dog right now. I wish I did, but I don't...Definately something I hope to have in the future.

So...MARLEY AND ME by John Grogan - 4 of 5 stars. Its a simple book, not sure how it would resonate with non-dog lovers. Probably worthy of 3 stars but gets extra credit for the trip down memory lane.

According to Entertainment news, Jennifer Aniston is to star opposite Owen Wilson in the big screen adaptation of John Grogan's bestselling book 'Marley & Me'.


Next book on the list...a novel that seems to be focused on a lovable pooch...LOST & FOUND by Jacqueline Sheehan

No comments: