Thursday, October 09, 2008

First...a note about Stone Street...then A Broken Window by Jeffrey Deaver

So I was having a birthday dinner with my two Book Angels (and friends) Erika and Sharon. ...

We meeting at a great pizza place on Stone Street called Adrianne's Pizza Bar (Sarah Gallick first introduced me to it). Its now one of my favorite spots in Manhattan.

Anyway, while I was waiting with Sharon, I TRIED to give her the history of the street, and all I knew was it was the first paved street in the area. She wasn't impressed.

I researched...here's what the Downtown Alliance says about it:

"Stone Street was one of the New World’s very first paved streets, laid out by Dutch colonists in the 1600s...Today it's an only-in-New York setting for an appealing cluster of restaurants and bars; every summer evening finds a festive crowd strolling along Stone Street to enjoy its sidewalk cafes."

I'm sorry Sharon, that's all there is to it...but BOY was the pizza at Adrianne's good! Both Sharon and Erika said that they would come back if they could find it.

Now...on to the reading...

I just finished THE BROKEN WINDOW by Jeffery Deaver. This was a LONG one, but it kept me going. I wanted to call up Mr. Deaver and say..."FOR GOD SAKES...who did it already???" I can't tell you how many nights I took this book to bed with me, hoping to get through another chapter...closer to the answer. The story deals with Identity Theft and how someone with a little bit of access could ruin your reputation and ruin your life...I give this one 3.5 of 5 stars....It was a good read, glad I didn't wait for the movie though...It would definately be a 2 1/2 hour jobbie.








I'm on to my next read in preparation for my trip to New Orleans next week. Dance with The Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Not my normal stuff...but since the trip has to do with the author herself, I figured I should become familiar with her works.



Right behind it, I'm ready to plunge into NYT Bestseller THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE, by David Wroblewski, the latest and greatest gift from Sharon! She always knows what I like!

No comments: