Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bringing Elizabeth Home - an oldie but a goodie

So I read a few books in the past couple of weeks. As I mentioned in my previous post, new reads are few and far in between, so now I have to go through my bookshelf for the books I have collected, but never bothered to open.

The first of these was BRINGING ELIZABETH HOME by Ed and Lois Smart. The book was published in 2003, so that's how old it was, but all in all, it was an enjoyable read. Lois and Ed tell of how their beautiful daughter Elizabeth was kidnapped from their family home, on June 2002. They tell of how they kept intense faith in God and struggeled to maintain their family, with one of their cherished members missing. It is a story of hope, faith and perserverence. All in all, I give this book 4 of 5 stars. Its a good read and something different.




Today, Elizabeth has grown into a beautiful woman. She was on the Nancy Grace show in 2006, and did not allow Ms. Grace to bully her into telling her story or answer her ridiculous questions. It was quite amazing.




I also read these two paperbacks...THE BLUE ZONE by Andrew Gross (he's wrote a ton of books with James Patterson) and STORM RUNNER by T. Jefferson Parker. I got these books FREE from either my Book Angel or someone else. They were free, so I can't complain, but they were predictible thrillers so I don't even want to bother to write about them any further. Each get 2out of 5 stars.



No comments: