Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter strikes for the last time?

My friend Aimee ALWAYS pre-orders Harry Potterso it is in her hands the day the book releases. She even plans her vacation around the big day. Leading up to the event, she goes back and reads previous Harry Potter books. She also falls asleep to the DVDs. She loves Harry Potter

Last week, Aimee got up at 9:00 to go to the theatres to see the movie the first day it was released. I offered to go with her to the midnight showing, but she didn't think she could stay awake that late at night.

I enjoy the books and the movies, but I don't love them like she does. I usually borrow a copy of Aimee's books when she is done with them. I might go to the movies...if my cousin or neighbor or Aimee offer to go with me. If not, I don't feel that I missed anything.




The Harry Potter series ends this Saturday, with the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7). While I am not the biggest fan of the series, I look forward to seeing what will capture the imaginations of readers next. Hogwarts was fun while it lasted!




No comments: