Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Book Angel Delivers...AGAIN

Aimee just gave me her copy of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS. It was brand new in the Amazon box. Apparently she pre-ordered it, but couldn't wait for the delivery so she sent her husband out to the store to buy her another copy. UNBELIEVEABLE. I just started reading it, but I am again annoyed by Harry's know-it-all attitude. He's such a brat.

I just read an article that said they are planning to make a musical of the books. I don't know about this one...I think that a musical might be a stretch for HP...but you never know.



Today I got another fantastic delivery from my Book Angel ET. Now I have 3 new books to read: WATER LIKE A STONE by Deborah Crombie, PRETTY LITTLE MISTAKES by Heather MeElhatton (A do-over novel...interesting) and I GAVE YOU MY HEART BUT YOU SOLD IT ONLINE by Dixie Cash.

If only she could get me a copy of A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS (hint hint). Its #1 on the NYT list. I'd love to find out what all the hype is about.



Speaking of the NYTs...here is the latest.

HARDCOVER FICTION
Top 5 at a Glance
1. A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS, by Khaled Hosseini
2. PLAY DIRTY, by Sandra Brown
3. FORCE OF NATURE, by Suzanne Brockmann
4. THE QUICKIE, by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge
5. LOVING FRANK, by Nancy Horan


HARDCOVER NONFICTION
Top 5 at a Glance
1. YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN’T HIDE, by Duane Chapman with Laura Morton
2. QUIET STRENGTH, by Tony Dungy with Nathan Whitaker
3. LONE SURVIVOR, by Marcus Luttrell with Patrick Robinson
4. IT’S ALL ABOUT HIM, by Denise Jackson with Ellen Vaughn
5. GOD IS NOT GREAT, by Christopher Hitchens

LOVING FRANK sounds interesting.

Get the full list of NYT bestsellers here...

2 comments:

Erika said...

Joy has LOVING FRANK...

I can only get you books from my company. You'll need to contact our other friend at that other company for more reads ;->

Barbara said...

I can always dream!

I still love you book angel!