Thursday, September 06, 2007

DUKE DIET and the MS BIKE RIDE




So...its been a few weeks on the Duke Diet. I'm using the website, but I keep referring to the book to stay on track, so I feel it is important to mention it. Besides, how many times can I say that Harry Potter is pissing me off???

As you can see the weight lost is slow...but it is trending down. I've found some great recipes in the book, including a Blackberry Mustard Chicken and this week, I plan on trying the Maryland Crab Cakes.


WORKING TOWARDS THE BIG EVENT

In addition to my regular exercises routine, which includes weight and cardio as recommended by Duke, I have added my preparation for a 100 MS Mile Bike Ride for September 15 -16. I've done it before, but I haven't been this heavy. Shedding the extra lbs will definiately help. I know I have to work extra hard this year to finish the ride successfully. Hopefully, I'll be in a much healthier place next year.

Click here to view my page AND sponsor me!




No comments: