Friday, August 17, 2007

A break from the everyday

My reading has been slow since I joined NYSC last week. I'm still working through RUNAWAY ADAM by Peter Prince. Slow going...but I am enjoying it.

I am determined to shed the extra weight I put on in the last few years. I am taking advantage of the resources available to me at work and I am doing the Duke Diet, instead of Weight Watchers this time. For the most part they are both very similar, but I do the weighing in at home. The website, which is referred to many times in the book, features online food log, weight tracker, exercise routines and all sort of good stuff to help me stay on track. I was looking at the recipes in the book last night...there are a few I would like to try. I like having the book and website combo. I have references whether I am at the computer, or sitting watching TV. Overall, the change of pace is good for me. I don't seem to be falling into the old habits. Well, its only been a week.

I have 50 pounds to shed. We'll see how it goes.



On a side note
:
I got the email the other day from a friend that wanted me to answer her questions and pass it on...for fun. I love my friend, but I hate these emails. I look to the question #38 that says who is the least likely to fill do this...I haven't been named, so I guess she hasn't noticed that I never filled it in all the times that she emailed me.

I am just going to come to this page going forward and just cut and paste it back to her next time:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I can't remember (thankfully)
3. Do you like your handwriting? No, much better typing
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Bologna
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Nope
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? yes
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Me....no!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not anymore
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cheerios
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Mocha Chip or Chocolate with Peanut butter
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT A PERSON? Eyes
15. RED OR PINK? Pink
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Tummy
17. WHAT DO YOU MISS THE MOST? College
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? N/A
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black/Black
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Dumplings
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Air Conditioner
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? RED
23. FAVORITE SMELLS. Bacon
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Dolly
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Karen
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Baseball, Hot Dog eating contests
27. HAIR COLOR? Brown
28. EYE COLOR? Brown
29. Do you wear contacts? No
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Crab Cakes
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Both have their merits
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Can't remember
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Pink
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Italian Ices and Cannolis
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? N/A
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? N/A
39. What book are you reading now? Read my blog
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Dell
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T. V. LAST NIGHT? MTV reality shows
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Beach / Birds
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Rolling Stones
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Australia
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Quilting
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? New York
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Not sending to anyone.
48. WHAT TIME IS IT NOW? 10:15am. read the blog


I think I am getting grumpy in my old age...maybe I'm just hungry!

No comments: